Fundraising is an extremely important part of FOCC Medway’s work. When the children go home at the end of the summer, it is time to start saving for the next visit! The costs of bringing a child to the UK – visas, passports, flights, travel costs, activities and visits during their stay – is currently almost £800 per year, and is increasing.
How does FOCC Medway raise funds?
There are several ways we do this:
- The charity runs several of its own fundraising events each year – coffee mornings; Blingo Bingo and Beetle Drive evenings; a Car Treasure Hunt; and a Barn Dance. You can find our upcoming events here.
- We attend events and fetes to run tombolas or sell crafts.
How can you help FOCC Medway raise funds?
We are very lucky to have had some amazing people/organisations do some wonderful things to help us:
- Quiz nights and concerts
- Sponsored events, such as marathons and abseils
- Bake sales and competitions
- If you have a hall/venue available, then we can come and run one of our Blingo Bingo, Barn Dance or Beetle Drive evenings with you.
Could you run an event for/with us?
If you would be interested in running an event, then please contact Linda and Tony – FOCC Medway’s coordinators – to tell us all about it and we will do everything we can to help and support you. You can email: email@example.com.
Could you attend and support one of our events?
Check out our events page and add those dates to your diary. Bring a friend, bring your family, or come alone – you will meet lots of fabulous and friendly people, have a fantastic time and all in the knowledge that you are helping to change the lives of some very needy children and families.
Could you make a donation to FOCC Medway?
If you would like to make a one-off or regular donation to FOCC Medway, you can do so on our Virgin Money Giving page here. Perhaps you could sponsor a child? Or you can get in touch with Linda and Tony – FOCC Medway’s coordinators – here.