In the summer of 2019, FOCC Medway is bringing 16 children to Medway for a four-week recuperative visit. These children all come from disadvantaged social backgrounds in areas of Belarus that continue to be affected by the radiation damage and poverty caused by the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It is amazing what a difference a month of fresh and unpolluted air and good food can do.
With our Sponsor a Day Campaign, we are asking for your help to fund the amazing activities, experiences and basic resources that we provide for our children over the four weeks of their visit. Here is how your donation could help:
- £10 will fund milk and fruit snacks for a week of the visit.
- £10 will fund a year’s supply of vitamins for one child.
- £32 will buy each child an icecream on a day out.
- £40 will buy one of our children a pair of shoes.
- £80 will fund a swimming trip for all of our children.
- £100 will fund the hire of a van and diesel costs for a day trip.
If you would like to donate to our campaign then please visit our Virgin Money Giving Campaign page here.
Every single penny that you donate goes straight to the children and funding their visit. Everyone is a volunteer and no one is paid.